Sunday, March 1, 2009
Am I really getting old??
Wow, I really don't feel 58...but what is 58 supposed to feel like? I took Friday off for my birthday. Originally we were going to take Disney up on their free admission to the person having the birthday. Not a bad marketing plan on their part...it doesn't really cost Disney anything to do that because they know that the person celebrating their birthday won't come alone. So they (Disney) will still make up what they may "lose" on the free ticket...like food and gifts......anyway, I decided I really didn't want to go to Disney anyway....it would have been too hard on Jimmy to walk around there for any length of time and he would have objected to a wheelchair......plus......I didn't feel like .....wait....here it comes....DRIVING.....in I-4 traffic. baby steps....baby steps... Anyway, then we were looking at bed and breakfasts and found a cute one in Arcadia. When we called about a reservation they said they were full because Arcadia was having their antiques fair this weekend. Who knew Arcadia would be booked full?! Come on, who willingly goes to Arcadia. Oh, yeah, we were going to go. Anyway, we decided just to hang out around here. I got a Chicos gift card from Scott and Liz so armed with that, my $10.00 off for my birthday coupon, my $25.00 off $100.00 coupon and my buy one/get one 50% off for their Travelers Collection, we headed over to Southgate. I was not at all impressed with their "sale" merchandise, but I really liked some of the full price stuff in the Travelers Collection. So, against my better judgement, I bought a jacket and two tank tops. I really like them and I know I will wear them alot between work and church, besides, with the gift card and the coupons my out of pocket was only @#*?@*). I got a gift card from Pottery Barn probably 2 years ago by now. I just never found anything that struck my fancy that wasn't outrageously priced. Well, as luck would have it, they had the metal water bottles, so I decided to use up the card and bought 5 bottles. Later we went to the movies at Sarasota Square and saw "Paul Blart, Mall Cop". It was a cute movie. When we got home we were going to fix salmon for dinner. We both got distracted by the computer....imagine that.... and realized that we never took out the salmon to thaw, so we ended up running down to Taco Bell at about 8:00.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment