Another busy weekend....where does the time go???
Friday night we went to Asa's 4th birthday mini-party. Jody made cupcakes and had the surrogate grandparents (Jimmy and me and Lee and Sheri) over. Afterwards Jimmy and I came home and had omelettes and hash browns for dinner. That made me think of the time that Delinda Gladue was so angry and Bill and Chris, that she was rebelling and not going home to make their dinner. We were making individual omelettes and offered her one. I guess she had never considered having omelettes for dinner and went on and on about how good they were. It's funny how something happening today can remind you of a "non-event" from the past. Saturday morning Jimmy had a meeting at church so I got up, started laundry and went to CVS and SweetBay. I bought a bunch of ground beef that was on sale for $1 off a package because it was getting close to the expiration date. I was able to get ground round (which was originally $3.89 a pound) for $2.89 - which ended up being 10 cents less per pound than regular ground beef! I ended up buying 8.5 pounds at an average of 2.50 a pound. Not too bad. I guess the trick is to get there early Saturday morning. The butcher is trying to get rid of that before he brings out the fresh stuff. Then I did my little fry it all up trick so I could package it. I also made 3 pans of shepherd's pie. One for us and two to take to Jessica Schweikert (she had back surgery last week). I still need to take her's over to her. Our Valentine's dinner was romantic fried kielbasa sandwiches. Can you ask for any more romantic food than comfort food???? Yesterday we had a chili cook off at church. Jimmy made a pot of really good stuff. It wasn't too hot, but he won for the category of the hottest. I guess the rest were just sissy batches of chili. I made an apple dump cake (again comfort food). Looks like most of the meals this weekend were comfort food.
Today is President's Day, so I got the day off from my paid employment (notice the emphasis). I got up early and had the privilege of getting my mammogram today. Woo-Hoo!. Then I came home and started to re-organize the mess in the garage. I got my stuff organized, then somehow managed to get Jimmy out there to help me tackle his treasures (I had another word in mind, but just in case he decides to read my random stuff, I'll be nice). I also went out a pulled a few weeds. . I need to pull more, but I'm just too tired...so much for a day off. Now its back to the kitchen to clean up the mess we made this afternoon when cooking chicken & white bean chili for Nancy. Jimmy made some for Grampy's birthday, and Nancy really liked it and actually requested that he make some for her. So much for today's randomness.
Monday, February 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment